Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Home


It's January 4th and I'm finally feeling like I am on my semesters break. I only have 10 days left and I'm planning on taking in every moment. Everything was so busy right after I finished my semester a few weeks ago, that I finally feel like I'm in a rested state.

Since I've been on break I've been keeping Gabriel mostly at home. I love it so much. I really miss being a stay at home mom and have still not gotten used to the idea that I'm not at home with Gabriel all the time. I have loved my journey in grad school but it's so intense and this past semester has left me nostalgic of my stay at home mom days. Today was one of those days that I've been especially grateful to be on break. I've loved on my Gabriel all day long. At this moment he is napping on me while I blog via my phone.

I just needed to dedicate a blog post to my gratitude over the very special spirit David and I have. He brightens my day every day. He melts me with his sweetness and big brown eyes. He has taught me so much about unconditional love. Words can't express the deep love and connection Gabriel and I have. Best way to describe it is that he is my baby soulmate. I see so much of myself in him, yet he is an individual...apart from me. Because of this, I understand Gabriel in ways no other person ever will, and vice versa. I don't take any of his smiles, tears, or hugs for granted.

Every minute of the day I am grateful and fortunate to be his mama. I love the two quotes below:

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." -Agatha Christie

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -Lin Yutang

Happy new years everyone! I start 2012 with my renewed appreciation for motherhood and love. I will blog about the holidays later this week.
Sleeping on me while I blog

2 comments:

House of Bunny Love said...

So sweet! Thank you for sharing! Gabriel is truly a beautiful gift and I'm so happy for you to have him. What a blessing to have a "baby soul mate" :)

carrie said...

Awe...Vanessa that was perfectly said! I read it just a few minutes ago (4:00 am) up with my baby boy feeding him in my arms. Motherhood really is the best thing! Thanks for posting about it! I love reading it being just me and my boy up and everything else quiet! Love you! And glad you're getting some time at home with your cute boy!