Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mountains & Halloween!

We celebrated our six month anniversary on October 25th. Being the celebratory person that I am, I made David and I take a trip to the mountains in celebration of being married for 6 months, that's half a year folks! It was a really rainy and cloudy day, but it was still a lot of fun! The leaves weren't as colorful as we thought they would be, so we're going again in another week! We love the mountains, and the peace and tranquility they bring. It's always fun to drive up Skyline Drive and take in all the beauty around us. The Shenandoah Mountains are so beautiful and vast, and one day we may just retire there!
We're also planning a nice, hefty hike after the baby comes! We're so excited for it!


Halloween 2008
Hallowen 2008 proved to be a fun time. Our friend's from the branch threw a party at their house, and David and I dressed up as "Trailor Trash". David had a nice little outfit going on, and I was his knocked up wife. It was a last minute costume that we threw together. We have been so busy that we didn't even have a chance to carve pumpkins or shop for halloween costumes. However, we already have our costumes planned for next year! It's going to be so much fun to have the three of us dressed up!



I flat ironed the bottom half of David's hair, and teased the upper part like crazy! He had a nice little mullet going on. I overdid my make-up and teased the back like crazy.

Here is a group picture of those that attended the party. Thanks Rachel & Dave for having such a fun party at your place!

Other Halloween Events

We went up to my parents house a couple of weeks ago and while we were there, I made some witch cupcakes with my mom and sister! My sister is quite the bake and she baked them, and my mom sped the process along by adding the eyeballs on the cupcakes and I added the artistic touch of making the witch faces. I'm not the baking type, but it was so much fun to be creative with the cupcakes!

You can double click on each picture to view it bigger.

These two pictures were outside of my parents house, my sister decorated it!

2 comments:

Sharisa Lewis said...

Happy Anniversary! Hilarious costume you came up with. Your parents must have moved, I don't recognize their house?

Lolo said...

You look so cute!!! I love reading all of your philosophical entries, too. You are going to be such an amazing mom!!!