Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two Year Anniversary


David and I just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on April 25th! After thinking for forever on where we should go (we just love the mountains so much), we decided on a nice trip to Virginia beach for the weekend. It was so nice to celebrate our anniversary with the three of us. We stayed ocean front, and hearing the waves all day and night was just so relaxing. I didn't want to sleep, it just felt so nice to look and hear the ocean. It feels like we have been married much more than 2 years, that's probably because we had Gabriel before we even got to celebrate our 1st anniversary!! Having a baby certainly ages and deepens the bond that you share as husband and wife. I'm so grateful for my sweet David.

We were lucky to have better weather than we initially thought. We got to enjoy nice walks on the boardwalk, a family bike ride, letting Gabriel play in the park, sand, and in the pool. Traveling with a baby is very different than a romantic getaway for two, haha...but I would not have it any other way. It was so much fun to be with my little family. Gabriel brought so much fun and happiness to the trip. He was fascinated by the sea gulls, and could care less about anything else. He also made it clear that he wanted to walk on the boardwalk on his own. Which was hilarious. He would just take off like the little man he is. Everyone would comment on how cute he was and laugh at how resolute he was on walking the boardwalk. They were having the March of Dimes on the boardwalk and Gabriel really wanted to participate as well! It was too funny.

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

















Happy 2nd Anniversary babe! Thank you for all the great things you do for me.

7 comments:

Megan said...

For some reason I thought you were going to D.C. You must of changed your minds or I thought wrong. Looked so fun. Glad you had a great time. I can't believe it's only been two years. CRAZY..

House of Bunny Love said...

Geez, I love you. so much. CONGRATS on two years-that's awesome!

Katie said...

Happy anniversary! I love the photo of you two on the balcony :)

Stout House said...

Congrats!!! What exciting times, I just love having a husband :) don't you!? LOVE IT! Congrats.

Holly said...

Such fun pictures! You have such a cute family! I would love to answer your question, you posted on my blog, If you send me your e-mail, I'll answer it via e-mail.

Kosmuch Family said...

Happy anniversary!! VA Beach is great. It's one of my favorite places to go. My kids thought King Neptune was the coolest thing ever, LOL. Looks like your little guy had a blast, too. :O)

Sharisa Lewis said...

Happy anniversary! I can't find your phone number either! Give me a call, 214-405-1768! Miss ya, so proud of your adorable family!