Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fabulous Holidays!

Our first married Christmas and New Year's together was so nice this year! It was really low key and calm, which was nice, being 8 months pregnant and all. Both David and I have been so tired this last trimester. He definitely gets my pregnancy symptoms too. :-) Christmas Eve was spent in the good company of friends from the branch and on Christmas Day I cooked a nice dinner for my brother and his girlfriend who came to spend the evening with us. It was good to have them over and to catch a movie later that night.


David with one of the Christmas presents I got him.

For New Years we had my good friends Cristina and Tony over. I cooked a traditional dinner, a whole chicken, ham, rice, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and they brought over dessert. David said it was the best roasted chicken he's had! It was my first time cooking one and I was nervous about which spices to use in flavoring it (I'M HUGE ON FLAVORS).

I'm am so excited about 2009 and definitely have made goals for this coming year (i'll post later). The start of every year is always an exciting time because you have the opportunity to realize how you fulfilled the previous year's goals and what needs improvement in your life for the coming year. This year is especially exciting because we will be entering parenthood! Thus, we have quite the goals for our growing family.

3 comments:

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Dave, I expect you to look like that guy on the box within 6 weeks.

Katie said...

haha drew got the same present for christmas! it's sitting quietly in its box in the guestroom :) you look beautiful! i can't believe you will be a momma next month- how exciting!

Brenda said...

Dave & Vanessa...just wanted to stop by and say Hi. So glad I found your blog Now we can see what you have been up too. Looks like you guys are doing great, and just counting down the days before baby Gaberial comes. We are soooo excited for you . You two will make Awesome parents.