Thursday, December 1, 2011

Genius Gabriel

I've often talked about Gabriel being so smart. We are told by his teachers at preschool that he is so smart a lot. Every day that Gabriel goes to school we get a little note that is specific to what he did that day, and today this is what we got:
"I am convinced that Gabe is a baby-genius! He was playing with different shapes and sizes of blocks and figured out (on his own) that 3 little blue blocks (diamond shaped) can be put together to match the same size and shape of the big octogon! It's super impressive for his age". :)

Can I just say that I was not surprised to get a note like this...but I was so proud. To me, Gabriel is so special, from his intellect, to his kindness, to our mother and son bond, to the way he treats other people. I don't want him to grow up. I want him to be my baby forever. At the same time, I am so excited to see who this child will grow into. I have a suspicion that he is going to continue to be a bigger, more amazing version of what he is now.

Oh and today, he told David, "Mama is the best person in the world". How can your heart not melt over and over for him? I get teary eye'd just thinking about it.

2 comments:

carrie said...

That is amazing!! And so so sweet what he said about you!! Being a mom really is the best! Best club I've ever been a part of! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love that his school gives you those reports every day! That is so cool! You DO have a very impressive little guy on your hands. I love him.