Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall Adventures

I have really enjoyed this fall so far. We have done lots of fun and memorable things. We've been in a bit of a drought in Richmond and so it has affected the beautiful fall colors we normally have. Last fall was the most beautiful I have ever seen. This year is still nice, but not nearly as colorful and it's made me nostalgic of last year. One of our favorite things to do in the fall is drive through monument avenue countless times. The beautiful vibrant colors in combination with the historical homes is so fitting. I love being able to appreciate all the beautiful things around me. We are so blessed to be able to be a witness to how beautiful this world is, in every changing season. Living here in the fall always reaffirms why I love the east coast so much. I'm so proud to live in such a beautiful place that is rich in history. Below are pictures of what we have been up to:


We took our fall trip to the mountains and did a small hike with Gabriel and my sister.
During the hike

I love these pictures. So amazing.
During our hike

On Gabriel's first field trip at school! They went to the pumpkin patch. It was SO FUN!
Wagon rides on his field trip. We also went on hay rides and through a spooky forest.
This is at another pumpkin patch we went to, Farm 2 Family
We had a blast this halloween, it was the funnest ever. We dressed up as Rockstars. We went to the fan and trick or treated on Hanover Ave. Every house in a few block span decorates their houses really spooky. It was amazing. They put lots of $$ into their decorations and candy!
Witch, the only thing that scared Gabriel. My sister was the paprazzi to the Durrant Rockstars.

Some people had a band playing at their house!
We spray painted Gabriels hair tips red too, but it's hard to see in pictures.




We were pumped on our way to trick or treating.
Durrant Rockstars 2010. We hope you had a blast this halloween!


2 comments:

House of Bunny Love said...

ooooh I love it! I like the Durrant sweatshirts and love how much you three really pulled of the look of REAL rock stars. :) I had to laugh a little at the hike though--you gotta come to Colorado and I'll take you on a REAL hike in REAL mountains :) Love you lots beautiful!

David & Vanessa said...

haha...thanks. Regarding mountains, I wouldn't trade our REAL mountains with REAL trees for anything in the world! We have some serious hikes. But we can't do any like those with Gabriel this young. So they have a really nice short & not steep family type trail, which is what we did. Thanks for the comment. Always love and miss you!